BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, September 11, 2005

3 years and counting...

I'm sorry, I don't have any pictures of Devan's birthday right now. I took pictures, but I can't find my camera right now, so I'll have to post them later. Anyway, on with my promised blog about Devan's birthday.

So, Labor Day weekend has come and gone. Devan turned 3 and all I can think about is; my goodness, he's going to be starting school in just 2 more years. I can't believe he's 3, but I guess it had to happen. If I'm such a wreck about 3 years, how am I going to be when he's 4 or 5?

Anyway, we took him camping at Sand Hollow. We were there from Friday through Monday. Four days of playing in the dirt, and swimming in the water. I know it 's kinda cheating, but we "camped" in the RV section. My mother-in-law had her camp trailer out there with full hook-ups. The kids watched movies, we had an A/C to cool them down so they would take naps, and we were about 20 yards from a hot shower and clean restrooms with flush toilets. I know I was raised knowing how to "camp", but that doesn't mean I have to pass up a chance to make it easy on myself. We still slept in a tent, all four of us, Justin, Devan, KeLee and I.

Devan had a small Birthday party, but we made sure he celebrated all weekend. He got a couple new outfits, a couple little trucks with trailers that he and JJ destroyed before we even left, and he got a semi-truck that has storage in the trailer for I think it's 24 hotwheels and 2 small semi's. He thought that was pretty neat, until he got home and found out the best presents were waiting for him there. Grammy and Grandpa got him a Little Tykes work bench so that he can work like Daddy. It came with a hammer, screw driver, wrench, drill, table saw, vise, 2 nails, 2 screws and of course the tool bench. The next day, he got another surprise! A package from Grandma! He opened it up, threw all of the excess packaging material on the floor, and screamed with delight when he saw the Leap Frog Treehouse toy. He somehow knew to push on the picture of Lilly and started singing the ABC's along with her. I thought it was neat because I didn't think he had remembered his ABC's that well. He has figured out more things that that toy will do, than I had ever imagined it could. He also got a new pen for this Leap Pad and a back pack to put it in. The neat thing is the back pack holds the books and cartridges too. He liked the back pack so much, I had to beg him to take his regular back pack to preschool instead of that one. I didn't want the kids to fight over his Leap Pad. So, all in all, I think Devan had a pretty good 3rd birthday.

There does seem to be a downside to his turning three, however. He has had serious potty-training setbacks to where he had been refusing to even sit on the potty when he's asked to. He was doing great, and then all of the sudden, nothing but poop in his underwear and pee on the ground. I don't know what to do, but I gave him a week of wearing a diaper, (which he hates) and am going to try the underwear again tomorrow. Along with the potty-training problems, he has also begun having social issues. He is having terrible temper-tantrums and being quite violent when he doesn't get his way. I heard from his preschool teacher that he got upset with his cousin the other day and beat him up pretty good, and when the teacher tried to stop him, he attacked her too. Also, his babysitter told me that the other day, he had asked her to get him a drink of water, and while she was getting it, he stopped the movie that they were watching and took it out of the DVD player. Just taking it out would have been OK, but when she came out of the kitchen to give him his drink and find out why the movie wasn't playing, he put the DVD into his mouth and bit it right in half! I don't know what I'm going to do about his attitude, but I'm going to have to do something. If anyone has a suggestion, I'd be glad to hear it. Anyway, I've been rattling on now for long enough. I had better get my chores done so I can go to bed. Good night everyone.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well thanks for the update. It sounds like Devan had a great birthday. Maybe you could spray him with a squirt bottle when he's acting up. It works with the cats. What?