BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

We went to Ogden...


This weekend, the kids and I drove up to Ogden to visit Justin. He's been working up there for one week already and will be there until next weekend. He is supposed to be coming home then, but we'll see. I left about 9:00 am Saturday morning and after a very exausting drive, arrived at his hotel around 3:00pm. Then for the fun stuff! We took the kids to Union Station and saw all of the trains and even got some pictures of Devan and KeLee playing on and in them. We also saw every kind of gun ever designed by James Browning, as well as what is left of his classic car collection.

We also visited the Aerospace museum on Hill Air Force Base in Roy. I didn't get very many good pictures there though. I can thank Devan for that. He was playing with my camera Saturday night and touched the lense. I forgot to clean it before using the camera, so I guess it's not all his fault. Anyway, most of the pictures have a huge blur across the left side and it makes it kind of hard to see the picture with any detail. Here is one that I was able to salvage. This is Devan looking at a model of a carrier ship. It holds 16 full size planes with room for them to land too. It's so big, in real life, that it even has ships stored in it's sides. In case you're wondering, the people in the background are my brother, Ryan and my sister-in-law, Meg. They were able to come down to Ogden to visit us and go to the museum with us. They live in Logan and we don't see them very often. Ryan just got back from Maine where he spent the last 9 weeks as a camp counselor. He managed to get a cast of young boys to pull of productions of Newsies and West Side Story. We're all very proud of him for that. Although the weekend was short, it was fun. I am home now and the kids are here, but Justin is still in Ogden. Ryan and Meg are back home in Logan and I'm sure they are both glad for that. Anyway, it's awfully late so I had better get myself to bed before I start typing incoherantly. Good night.

1 comments:

Kara said...

Wow, sounds like you had a busy weekend! Looks like you had fun though!