BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Washington County Fair


Well, it's well into August now and anyone from Southern Utah knows it's time for the Washington County Fair. It's traditionally the second full weekend in August and then school starts the following week. It's kind of a last bash for anyone dreading the return for another year of academics. Thankfully, I don't have to worry about that for myself, I am still working on my "online college" and am well on my way to having an Associates of Business by March 2006. Devan starts pre-school on Aug. 22, but I'll write about that later. Back to the fair, the whole reason I'm writing about the fair is to let everyone know that I am entering KeLeeMae Nichol into the baby pageant. I entered her last year (she was about a month old at the time) and she didn't even make it into the second round. The winning babies were no where near as cute as either she or her cousin HarleyLynn (who was also entered). The contest has been changed this year. They are having registration on Wed & Thurs August 10 & 11. The judging on Friday, August 12, and the contest on Saturday, August 13. Let's just say, last year the judging took over 1 month. Registration, photography, judging 1-2 &3 times before the contest at the fair. Also, I don't know who will be judging this year, but last year the judges were the Washington County Royalty. They were like 14 years old and related to half of the contestants. (Gee, I wonder who won.) Anyway, I am certainly not a pageant mom who just wants her kid to win. I just think it is kinda fun, because she is very pretty and I would like to put it in her scrapbook just as having the oportunity. Most of the babies get awards anyway. Well, wish her luck, I'll let you know how she does.

0 comments: